- Open up another browser window.
- Switch between this tutorial and the DoubleVoca puzzle game.
- Select a level either by selecting the Level item in the Run menu or the Level toolbar icon. Level 1 : the most frequent, Level 9 : the least frequent, and No Level(default) : no frequency division applied.
- Select a puzzle set either by selecting the Run item in the Run menu or the Run toolbar icon.
- Click the Refresh toolbar icon to redraw the applet when on some Windows systems, the applet gets cluttered.
- Click on a number to select a word on the puzzle grid.
- When typing something, putting your mouse pointer inside the applet is important not to lose the keyboard focus.
- Press [CTRL]+[n] to select the next number of word.
- Press [CTRL]+[b] to select the previous number of word.
- Click the intersecting square to alternate between Across and Down.
- [WRIGHT], [LEFT], [UP], and [DOWN] arrow keys will work as expected.
- [HOME], [END], [DEL], [BACKSPACE], and [SPACE] keys will work as expected.
- Select Solve->Hint->Letter menu item to get a letter hint on the selected square which is magenta.
- Select Solve->Hint->Word menu item to get a word hint on the selected word which is cyan and magenta.
- When you are done, Select Solve->Solve menu item to get the score.
- The red characters indicate either you typed in wrong or you got a hint on it.
- Red characters cannot be corrected to prevent score manipulation.
- You may print out the empty puzzle, the puzzle with your inputs, the puzzle with the solution, or the puzzle clues through the Print menu.