- Double Your Listening Comprehension has been developed as part of the second project of Cocurea Creative.
- This dictation game is intended to help English learners improve listening comprehansion.
- For any learners or even native speakers of English, dictating the exact script for a sound clip requires a great deal of concentration and short-term memory, in addition to extensive background knowledge surrounding the topic.
- For elementary to intermediate learners, even deciding the beginning and the end of a sentence block from the sound clip being played will not be easy. For that reason, we provide sound clipis divided into several portions of one or two sentence(s) each.
- Listening dictation is like running while pulling a tire. In other words, it is a hard training or mental excercise.
- Regular practice makes the perfection. Once you are accustomed to playing this game regularly, you will see no other method so effective as dictation in terms of listening comprension improvement.
- We have chosen news clips as listening materials because they are current standard English. Keeping up with current affairs itself is also educational and fun.
- Even though we do our best, keep in mind that the suggested answer cannot be 100% correct.
- We recommend you to improve your pronunciation and speaking skills by recording and comparing your own voice with that of the sound clips. Most operating systems include a sound recorder. For that fact and security reasons, we haven't included the recording feature.
- Little tips for beginners:
- Try to catch the main topic at first,
- Summarize the topic in your own terms,
- Don't spend too much time at one sitting,
- Don't be concerned too much about spellings,
- And, most of all, play this regularly. Say, 30 minutes a day.